The IMPACT Team is a wonderful opportunity for matriculating college students to gain valuable teaching experience, and yes, it is a fantastic addition to your resume! It’s not just for music education majors!
What is the IMPACT Team?
- Must be a matriculating student at a college or university;
- Must have completed at least one year of college.
Roles of the IMPACT Team Member
- IMPACT TEAM Members are unpaid interns. One never truly stops learning, so here is a great opportunity for you to continue with your education and development of critical leadership and communication skills.
- IMPACT Team members are viewed as a teacher by the Academy students. You will be furthering your teaching techniques by serving as liaisons between the clinicians and the staff.
- IMPACT Team members are role models for the high school students attending the workshop. This means you are an adult presence in the dorms, as well as other settings.
Laura runs the IMPACT program for DMA. She is the Band and Orchestra Director at Tenakill Middle School in Closter, NJ.
Laura has also been the Marching Band Director at Northern Valley High School at Demarest in New Jersey and was a Color Guard Captain for the University of Delaware Marching Band.
Please feel free to email Laura with any IMPACT-related questions: firstname.lastname@example.org