Drum Major Academy is committed to the safety and security of all our students. Our safety protocols are outlined below.
DMA Staff Assurance
- Every member of the DMA staff is background-checked according to the mandates of the state in which their Drum Major Academy workshop is held.
- This may also include online child abuse awareness and prevention training video programs, depending on the state and campus.
- Over 90% of our DMA teachers are professional music educators and so have been independently checked by their school districts.
DMA Student Safety Protocols
- DMA students may not have visitors during their workshop.
- DMA staff take attendance and students are checked-in before each session during each day.
- No student is permitted to leave class without notifying a staff member.
- Students move across campus in a single group, to and from fields, meals, and dormitories.
- Any student needing to be separated from the group for medical reasons will be assigned a staff member of the same gender.
- Staff members room-check each student each evening.
- Students are not permitted to leave their dormitory floor after the designated time.
If you see something, tell a staff member immediately (bullying, harassment, etc).